Thursday 13 March 2014

WANDERNING AND DISCOVERY!

Good Evening,what a BEAUTIFUL day it's been here !I had my hair cut then hubby took me to LA BOHEME and I set up a little mothers day area,some pretty "Mother" china and embroidered tablecloths and a lovely pale blue tea trolly,it looked rather inviting! Then I met my middle daughter Alice and we had a meander round the flea market and charity shops.I got some pretty things as you can see in the photo!Some lovely bits of china and a floral cushion and a very pretty tray cloth. I got a few other things but you can see in the photo so I won't bore you with a" Generation Game,conveyor belt!!)AND we found a new vintage tearoom serving tea coffee and cake!! I'm ashamed to say I broke Lent (only because they ONLY served cake!!) and had a delicious slice of ale and fruit cake!!Tea was served from vintage china,SO elegant.There was an amazing amount of gorgeous vintagealia!!AND a wood burning stove with comfy sofas for those colder days! I tell you ladies I was in my heaven,it's open on Sundays so I may have to visit again,I'll ask if I can take some pictures next time.It's right next to Chesterfield bus station so if you fancy a trip out on a Thursday I can highly recommend it.I also treated myself to a pre birthday gift of a GORGEOUS butterfly cushion and flowers and birds duvet set from BHS,I have a bit of a thing for pretty duvet covers and it was half price too which was better still!! I'll go now as I can hear someone  yawning in the background I do go on a bit!!!!! It's beacause I don't get out much!!! Ttfn P.S Have you read the magazine Daphne's Diary? isn't it divine? P.P.S A couple of pictures of my makes,I'm SO proud of my little crotchet coaster and I embroidered a little hoop for Mothers Day. I AM going now!!



4 comments:

  1. Doesn't take a lot to make use happy, does it Pam! I'm just like you, in seventh Heaven when I find a new teashop ... especially one selling vintage too! I found one yesterday too ...

    Love all your buys, that bedding looks truly scrumptious!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to see you have mastered crochet... I'm trying to teach my daughter but she's all fingers and thumbs. Lovely treasure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely collection Pam
    Have you ever tried tatting? I used to be a tatter but not done any for years. I wish you well with your Mother's Day shop
    I too like a nice bit of bedding - I bought a wonderful eiderdown from the 30s the other day and managed to wash it ok in the washing machine - £15 was perhaps a bit pricey but the fabric is wonderful. Glad that you found a new tea shop
    How is the grass coming on?
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh fab crochet! Keep going - it really is fun once you get the ryhthm!
    You asked about the hoop idea on my blog - feel free to have a go - its good to have a variety of flowers to choose from but the great thing is they are quick and fun to hook..and they use up some short colourful ends.
    As I had been inspired by someone else's suggestion, perhaps if you blog about it, you could include the original post?
    http://green-glamour.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/next-weeks-workshop.html
    Keep up the great work!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete