Saturday 7 July 2012

minimalists invade my brain!!

A very good evening to all,I've just returned from the canary islands after a lovely 2 week break, sun, sun, sun!!!! But whilst I was relaxing on a sun lounger strange thoughts entered my head about making a life without so much clutter, collections etc!! The apartment was so minimal and tidy and I managed quite well without antiquing!! I  was bitten quite alot by mosquitos and I just wondered if they had injected me with minimalist ideas, the thought of a lovely tidy space with the ablity to see things individually seemed quite appealing!!! Anyway after I went into WH Smith and purchased Mollie Makes, Country Living, Period Living and Pretty Nostalgic, I did begin to feel a little more like myself.Then I read the Custards blog and my heart started beating at it's usual 100 miles and hour so on the whole I do believe I'm beginning to feel a little better!! I still want to have my little shop though, so I could continue to have things for a while and then move them along to some other fanatic, sorry collector!! Enjoy the sun between the showers TTFN Pam. PS my sunflowers and marigolds that I grew from seed are FAB!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Pam - my eyes welled up when I saw your comment on my blog so I thought that I would pop over here and say hello and now I am welling up all over again. I hope that you have a lovely time (sunny I bet) away and I know what you mean about wanting to clear out....sometimes I would like someone to take it all (well some...) of it away so that I could start again. Still I am sure that we both enjoy our muddles. It is people like you that I keep my blog going Pam - I have been very fed up with people taking my photos and putting them on Pinterest. I am just a British housewife, no grand plans, no big ambitions, just plodding along and like to share my ideas. I am very happy for people to copy any projects - just not the photos. Anyway life really is too short Pam and far bigger things in the world to worry about. I have a little post prepared about my expanding shop in a suitcase - it is something that many women dream of - I wonder why. If only we were round the corner from each other I know that we would have a hoot and good times.
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete