Tuesday 5 June 2012

EVERY CLOUD HAS A WARM LINING

Good evening everyone,Have you all had a lovely jubilee?It rained and rained on Sunday when I went to my sisters delightful cottage but it meant that we had lunch indoors and the log burning stove was lit!!! BLISS!!!We all had such a wonderful time and it was a great thrill to show my daughter around the cottage, my sister has immaculate taste,not a bit of tat to be seen!!!The views from all the windows are uninterrupted countryside, quite delightful and all the early summer flowers were just lovely,despite the rain.She has a little church around the corner that was so warm as the verger had put the heaters on,it was the loveliest atmosphere.Yesterday I went to the old walled garden nursery and the sun was shining!! we had tea and cake in amongst the plants,I purchased a Quaking grass,a climbing fushia and some gorgeous yellow buttercup like flowers, so I had a lovely time last evening popping them into the borders!!Today it was a trip to Elvaston castle for lunch and a wander round the GORGEOUS walled garden and I drooled over the double herbaceous border!!!DELIGHTFUL.I can enjoy myself even when teasets are not involved!!My spending urge was quenched with the purchase,on ,the way home from a garden centre I had not been to before ,I purchased, lavender coloured stock,scented dianthus called [a quick pause whilst I nip outside to check the name]Iced Gem[if I remember I will take a cutting to Gemma at the Button Tin]and some daisy flowers.I have had a lovely jubilee break and God Save The Queen [and a speedy recovery for Prince Philip]TTFN.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for popping by my blog and leaving such a wonderful idea for diagonal crochet bunting. Can't wait to have a go at making some! It sounds like you have been having a wonderful time this weekend. I hope your new plants do well - they should do with all the rain we are getting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I've already been onto AA auto route to find out how far Chesterfield is so that I can visit the flea market!
    Jille x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as though great time was had by all Pam. That nursery sounds wonderful - I like a 'proper' nursery with plants that cannot be found anywhere else. Please do post photos of your wedding invitations when they are all done. There are some wonderful wedding crafty things out there...button bouquets, fabric corsages, miles of bunting of course. for the jubilee I made 'speedy' bunting - rough cut one triangle and then placed it on top of fabric that had been folded several times - so with each cut you are cutting several triangles at once. Then just stitched them together - the sewing acts as hanging thread - you could makes miles of it by tea time!!
    Have a lovely day
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam - just written a long reply only to mess up when I pressed the publish button! Grr - anyway lovely to hear about your time at your sisters. I would love to see your wedding invitations when you have completed them - sounds wonderful
    Have a lovely day
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Pam - tried to post here three times and not able to for some reason. Grrr - had written long replies but will keep this short and sweet - do post photos of your wedding invitations - sound lovely
    Have a lovely day
    Best wishes Jenny

    ReplyDelete