Friday 9 October 2015

WInner

Hi there a happy weekend to one and all.Last week I made a cake for the "bake off" at our WI meeting.It was a traditional Victoria sponge filled with my own homemade blackberry jam,berries picked from my garden.I decorated it with marzipan bees and a hive to represent our campaigns,and a keep Britain tidy marzipan litter bin and a little bit of knitting done on cocktail sticks!The band around it I crotched and embroidered 100 years onto mini bunting,to celebrate our centinary year.Lastly it was on a board covered with the music Jerusalem that I downloaded from my computor AND ta dah!I won 1st prize!! I was so amazed as I thought my efforts were quite naive!!My prize was tea for two at the Vintage tearoom in our town,Chesterfield.It happens to be my favourite tearoom so a double delight!!I shall take my elder daughter Laura Jo with me as we attend the WI together!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, congratulations. I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Pam, I popped over to say thank you so much for following my blog and to say congratulations, I am thrilled for you. It is no mean feat to win a WI baking competition, so your Victoria sponge must have been perfection itself.
    Enjoy your tea for two at the Vintage Tea Room.
    Best wishes
    Daphne
    ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! Congratulations on your first price! The cake looks great!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete