Thursday 5 March 2015

LOTS OF PRETTY FLOWERS!

Hello there! I've had a lovely day off work! I went to the flea market and got some goodies (pictures to follow) and then over to Matlock Antiques centre.It's my birthday soon so I treated myself to an early birthday gift of a GORGEOUS flower painting! (pictures to follow) Then stopped off for lunch at Matlock garden centre,delicious soup.Then hubby bought me an early birthday gift of a Gertrude Gekyll rose and some primroses with what I thought were lovely vintage colours,I also got some flower seeds,cosmos,calendula and sun flowers from the Sarah Raven selection.I also got a teacup and saucer fashioned into a bird feeder! I won't write anymore 'cos it can be boring!!!............... P.S the last two little pictures were 50p each! It wasn't until I got them home that I realised they were by Vernon Ward,I have quite a few of his floral pictures,so I was doubly delighted!!The photo with the Daffodils is Matlock Antiques window of which they always make a marvellous show,can you see hubby peeping at the back,bless him!!

3 comments:

  1. Lots of vintage loveliness! - Enjoy your Birthday...its certainly come early! :)
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, (me again!)
    Glad you were able to get a copy of 'Vintage Flowers' - I hope you enjoy it. I love it because it doesn't feel like you have to be and expert to have a go...and you get to use all the crazy vintage china that's been collected over the years :)
    Have a lovely weekend, Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! :) Beatrix and me are popping in to wish you many happy returns and sigh at all your beautiful vintage pretties,how lovely! hope your well xxx

    ReplyDelete