Sunday 2 June 2013

TABLE AND CHAIRS GET CATHED!

Good Morning from SUNNY Chesterfield,wasn't it a glorious day on Sunday.I got an old table and covered it with the gorgeous Cath Kidston oilcloth,it's a dream to work with.The only thing that let me down was buying a glue gun, a la Kirstie, it dried almost as soon as I put it on the table and I must have done it wrong because it dried in the ridge way I put it on so now I can feel the ridges under the oilcloth,so I really wish I'd bought spreadable glue for a smooth finish,oh well you live and learn,serves me right for trying to be Kirstie!!!Any way a picture for you to see my efforts...........P.S the chair seats turned out fairly well.P.P.S I collected my monies from LA BOHEME and I made a tiny profit!!! Yippee!

5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely from here Pam! I used spreadable glue on a table that I was covering, but it wasn't CK oilcloth, I used a cheaper one, and the glue seeped through and stained it. Don't know if this would happen with the Cath stuff, as it's thicker, but just thought I'd better mention it!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your glue gun pain, have to be really quick and burn fingers or goes cold and solid. Try PVA for wood or the smelly stuff otherwise...no pain, no gain! Kirstie would have got someone else to do it.
    EE xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments girls I have the information for next time,I should have done a patch test first!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Pammo! Will you soon be opening La Boheme ll very soon? I agree with EE that PVA would be a good choice and Kirstie will be copying your idea
    Keep going
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S I tried a patch test with some spreadable glue and it did show through so I may have to get in touch with CK HQ and ask which is their choice of glue!

    ReplyDelete