Friday 4 July 2014

HOME AGAIN!

Good evening my dears,back home after our hols in Lanzorote,we had a blissful time resting, reading and soaking up the glorious sunshine!!I got through 11 books!! I popped into LA BOHEME today and had sold mostly small pieces.Some of my handmade things had been purchased so it gives me hope that my sewing is getting better!Not back to work till Tuesday,thank the Lord!! I rather liked the potted pelargoniums on this balcony!Me enjoying peace and space on the gorgeous beach!How I wish I was still there!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Pam
    Good to hear that you had a lovely time and now back home safe and sound
    Also popping over to assure you that my education was 'wanting' to say the least : a bog standard comprehensive with 40 plus children to each class. We were taught mainly by the ex-Grammar School teachers who bitterly resented having to teach the riff raff and humiliated us whenever possible - it was all pretty miserable. I remember copying down endless notes from the blackboard and little else: as our home had very few books I would cycle several miles to the nearest library as often as I could and read, read and read. I failed all my A levels but later bought the syllabus for A level History and Human Biology and studied as hard as I could (trying to second guess what I had to learn). My proudest achievement remains my grade A for A level Human Biology - I learnt entire books (including page numbers) and I worked my way through the education system! I now have a BSc (Hons), MSc and three post-graduate qualifications (teaching included), plus my RGN & RHS and emphasis to my children (daily!) that hard work pays off.
    Never say never and never put yourself down!
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete